– Want to learn how to tell a story through film?
– Are you interested in brushing up your interviewing skills, learning what good framing looks like, do you want to learn basic editing skills?
If the answer is yes, then this exciting film project ‘London speaks’ is for YOU!
‘London speaks’ participants will storyboard, shoot and edit a 3 minute film clip. The films will be all based around the changing vision and perceptions of immigrants and immigration, the idea is to show the world around you and the viewpoints of your local community.
Want to participate? You will need:
– Filming equipment – this means mobile phones and cameras and the accompanying leads to download film clips (microphones would be good too)
– Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English
– We will all be learning from each other so the ability to take part in discussions in English is important.
– Enthusiasm and drive to interview your neighbours, family and/or friends.
– To give MRC permission to show and promote your film via the MRC YouTube channel.
When and Where?
Course dates: 9, 16, 23 February and 2nd March, Time: 10 am to 1 pm
Course venue: MRC 24 Churton Strett SW1V 2 LP
How to apply for a place?
Please tell us why you want to do this course, tells us about your film equipment and any other relevant information. Apply via email to: Sylvia@migramts.org.uk.
Please note no previous experience necessary!
We will be in touch with more information and successful applicants will get some homework!