What: Moving stories: Refugee Week special at the British Museum
When: Friday, June 24 at 6 PM – 8:30 PM,
Where: British Museum, Great Russell Street, WC1B 3DG London, United Kingdom
In partnership with the British Museum we bring a very special Friday Late event, curated around this year’s Refugee Week theme of Welcome and, of course, the incredible Museum’s collection of objects, stories and ideas.
The multi-disciplinary programme will include:
– theatre by Young Vic, ice&fire and Arcola
– spoken word by Kayo Chingonyi and Write to Life
– music by Maya Youssef, Haymanot Tesfa and a very special collaboration between Louai Alhenawi and Stephen Ellis of Revere plus musicians
– Screening of Anonymous in Lampedusa by Elena Vacchelli
– Film programme – Filming Syria: Stories from the Jasmine Tree, in partnership with Juan delGado and Bidayyat Audiovisual Arts
– social broadcasting project Something to Declare by Lucia Scazzocchio/Cultivaters
– artists in residence, the illustrator Olivier Kugler
– participatory installation Floating Life by Hong Dam and Bern O’Donoghue
– Refugees Welcome installation by Alketa Xhafa-Mripa
– storrytelling and more workshops
Our Refugee Week partners join us with their own engaging activities, including UNHCR, IRC, Amnesty International, Red Cross, Freedom From torture, IOM, Refugee Council and others.
The Museum’s Great Court, the Enlightenment, Islamic World, Africa and Parthenon Galleries are just some of the spaces we are ‘taking over’ for this very special evening. From our hosts and wonderful partners at the British Museum and us – Welcome!
More details on the programme and more from our partners to follow.
This is an entirely FREE EVENT!