Mr Xhediku is thought to have been electrocuted

Mr Xhediku is thought to have been electrocuted

(Portsmouth, England ) A passionate footballer was tragically electrocuted to death during a kick-about with friends, apparently after he scaled a metal fence to retrieve a lost ball.

Paramedics were unable to save taxi driver Albert Xhediku, who collapsed at his regular seven-a-side session with friends after suffering an unsurvivable electric shock.

It is believed that the doomed 34-year-old was attempting to climb a metal fence in pouring rain to find a lost ball when the tragedy struck yesterday evening.

Emergency services rushed to the scene at Mountbatten Leisure Centre, in Portsmouth, after receiving frantic calls from his devastated team-mates.

Paramedics battled for nearly an hour in an attempt to save the Albanian taxi driver, who had lived in this country for a decade, but he later died at Queen Alexandra Hospital in Hampshire.

Today a relative of one of his team-mates revealed how he may have accidentally grabbed a power cable after yelling out to tell his friends he was stuck on the fence.

Source and the complete article:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/635829/Taxi-driver-electrocuted-football